Do you hear me?
Do you care?
- I dyed my hair blue.
- I signed up for iHanna’s Spring postcard swap, so…10 postcards ready by May 30th.
- I signed up for Effy Wild’s Book Of Days course. It’s a heaping fuckton of content: videos, pdfs, guest artists teaching lessons…I’m still in boot camp and it’s already completely awesome.
- I am creating 26 illustrations for a book of someone else’s songs/poems. This sounds impressive but please note that I am totally winging this…
- My BabyGirlKid, Emily, is adjusting well to being an only cat. She likes my undivided attention and all of the treats & toys to herself, apparently.
- The Fed Gov’t is attempting to raise my student loan payment amount (over $200 more) and I’m still dealing with health insurance fuckery from when I was on medical leave.
- I am going to the gym after work today then home to art this shit right outa my head.
Although this bloggy is named for the other 2 cats, my hobbitses, my Merry & Pippin were the first I committed my care to, and this morning has just been awful.
After a quick decline in health last month, where they dropped to half their fighting weight, I decided to have my boys put down as I cannot, in good conscience, let them suffer more.
I have had my hobbitses since they were 6 weeks old…for more than 12 years now. They’ve been with me though grad school and 5 different jobs. 6 apartments.
I would be absolutely bereft were it not for my Emily, and for the knowledge that my furry family may be smaller but the love is bigger than anything.
Love never dies.
I bought ranunculus at the farmer’s market. Red and yellow and one drowsy orange bloom:
Sharing is caring.
I got the chance to go to another paint party at my library on Friday.
Took this lady home:
Worked on it step by step
But did not take photos of each step:
The final answer looks like it’s missing something but it’s growing on me.
I like paint parties…I just won’t pay for booze I’m not going to drink…
I finished another one: Chipped paint and allI present, my Orange Journal:Maya Angelou for the win:“Take my hand and my
Heart and soul, I will
Only have these eyes for you”
– Ed SheeranI don’t care who knows, I love me some Ed:“All you have is your fire. And the place you need to reach. Don’t you ever tame your demons but always keep them on a leash.”- Hozier“I’m a slow dying flower I’m the frost killing hour, the sweet turning sour and untouchable”- Natalie MerchantThis will always be my song about my ex-husband (did ya’ll know I was married in the 90s?):All about my ill-fated plan to go to PLA in Pittsburgh…“What others think of me is none of my business.”- Anonymous“When you lose your faith it never grows back”- Rob Thomas“So go on and cry me a river
Don’t say this will haunt you forever It never did, it never will.”
– Alter BridgeThis is about Fucking Idiot:This is me some days:On other days, this is me:And yet:Truth:“I would always open up the door
Always looking up for higher floors
Wanna see it all give me more (rise, rise up)
I was always up for making changes
Walking down the street meeting strangers
Flipping through my life turning pages (rise, rise up)”
– Imagine DragonsMy new anthem:The cookies were crap, buy the box was cute…I think I should just drive over to the north coast to smell the cedars again…’nuff said:This is a page about my Darling Judy. She’s been my best friend here, and she’s FABULOUS:My Judy drew this on a card she gave to me:This is a long-range spread about my middle brother. It will be finished when it’s supposed to be finished:I got nuthin’:For as long as I can:For Fucking Idiot:Can one be an introvert if they’re not afraid of public speaking?Some pages just grow organically:Some are in progress because friends show shiny new sides of themselves all the time:Honestly, this one bores me. They cannot all be favorites:This is about my friend:This is about society in general:Not a pessimist; more of a realist:If I were ever to marry again (HAHAHA), I’d keep my name.Music saves me every day:This fact is a mixed bag; I tend to do this without noticing that I’m doing it. It’s not always a good thing:Heh. Another about my friend:One does hope:“Just because scar tissue is stronger doesn’t make it something to aim for.”- ?Chipped back cover:So, there it is.The 6th one of the 9 journals I was working on at the same time.The 3 largest (thickest) are left to finish.Wheeee!
I have this magazine from maybe 2010 to now.
It’s always inspiring, with at least something colorful in each issue.
Newest issue/eye candy!
So, I took a class at Allard’s Art Supply store in Fresno last Monday with my dear friend, Juli. We made 3 pieces…er…a piece.
The blue one above is my first, smallest, piece. (5×7)
I learned that, while it is exciting to spray 91% alcohol to see the paint move and the cells form, too much will dull the shine on the final, dry, piece.
The piece above, with the lime green looked like that when it was wet & super shiny.
Then it dried overnight:
This was partially due to how much paint was used, in addition to the alcohol sprays.
It shows up in my 3rd piece, and now I know how the metallics take over. Wet:
I could, and might, put the shine back on with a clear coat on top of #s 2 & 3…maybe.
But I WILL be doing this at home. I just need some dollar store supplies, some more art board, and about a gallon of pouring medium…