…that’s how long I’ve been on this planet.
I’m visiting 2 brothers and many friends in my home town of Fresno until tomorrow.
I was able to visit my favorite art supply store, Allard’s, for their back to school sale for a stencil, a mask, and some tiny, detail brushes.
Then I cleared Michael’s out of watercolor pads in 7×10 at BOGO free time, so that’s 4 for the price of 2.
I’m nearly (more than halfway) finished with my last 2 art journals from the last series I worked on, so am already thinking ahead to the next set.
My dear friend, Juli, gave me a huge (96ct) set of watercolor brush pens, so there will be those to play with.
I don’t have any magic words or ideas to move forward in my life successfully, I just do the best I can with what I have.
I’ve been making art for 8 years now, but I’m not a teacher, just a painter/stencil-user/gluing fool…
My second nephew has moved into my apartment with me while he goes to EMT training. He is currently bonding with Emily. Today is her 10th birthday.
I had hoped to go swimming somewhere on this trip, but sitting in everyone’s house, soaking up their AC, is a good alternative.
Happy birthday to me.
…on all kinds of art, including 4 illustrations for the book I’m working on……as well as more art journaling in my teal (big) and blue (bigger) journals.
They are both over half full so there is an innate pressure to finish them soon.Oh, wait…that’s just me then…
Look what I found stuck in my mailbox:
That’s right, postcard #9 from Texas.
WhatcanIsay? I have a weird mailbox where things can hide, apparently…
Anyway, yay for postcards!
But it’s a half day so I had time to work on Effy’s July BOD lesson that I started last night
Drinking coffee and playing with paint is my favorite solo AM combination.There’s going to be pink up in all that green as I stenciled a layer of watercolor ground on top of this…
Work was grand, especially when a worked-up 7yo slapped the papers off my clipboard.
No, I did NOT choke him out, but I am continually reminded that babies are cute so we don’t kill them in their sleep before they can become humans…
Anyway…I do art in the wild, like in my car at the laundromat:
Or when I meet up with some like-minded friends…
I went all out of order painting her, had the background for a while and just painted a face shape then figured out where the features go…see…backwards
Inspired by Effy Wild, I’m going to make more faces…
…besides the book illustrations…Art Journal things:
Potentially finished pages:
Parts of pages made from paper and old paint:
And the flowers I bought this week:
Because sharing is caring…
10 things like Effy Wild is posting…
1) painting the illustration for the book’s title song, “The Golden Heart”
2) And the full, sky background for, “Let There Be Light”
3) While bing-watching “Sonic Highways” by the Foo Fighters
4) and enjoying my farmer’s market flowers
5) While waiting to hear from the car place that my car is ready (getting detailed, Shelley is…),
6) Also, making a salad with everything I can throw in it for lunch…
7) looking forward to a potential visit from my Juli next month
8) I’m popping with ideas for my Anjo canvas (my bestie is my inspiration)
9) it’s not as easy as you’d think to think of 10 of anything
10) I’m trying to do a lot more of that self-care stuff, like mani/pedis, and regular gym runs, but also going to bed earlier and fixing up my car, as I spend so much time in it.