Look what I found stuck in my mailbox:
That’s right, postcard #9 from Texas.
WhatcanIsay? I have a weird mailbox where things can hide, apparently…
Anyway, yay for postcards!
But it’s a half day so I had time to work on Effy’s July BOD lesson that I started last night
Drinking coffee and playing with paint is my favorite solo AM combination.There’s going to be pink up in all that green as I stenciled a layer of watercolor ground on top of this…
Work was grand, especially when a worked-up 7yo slapped the papers off my clipboard.
No, I did NOT choke him out, but I am continually reminded that babies are cute so we don’t kill them in their sleep before they can become humans…
Anyway…I do art in the wild, like in my car at the laundromat:
Or when I meet up with some like-minded friends…
…most every day you’ll find me sat or sprawled out here on my giant chair with Emily setting the tone for the moment (generally on top of me)…
See, I go out and I socialize with the peoples, to varying degrees of success, then I come home wiped.
Then I chill here with my girl.
Then I go paint on something until I feel better…
I went all out of order painting her, had the background for a while and just painted a face shape then figured out where the features go…see…backwards
Inspired by Effy Wild, I’m going to make more faces…
…besides the book illustrations…Art Journal things:
Potentially finished pages:
Parts of pages made from paper and old paint:
And the flowers I bought this week:
Because sharing is caring…
The things we do every day form our lives.
I drive 1 (one) mile home for lunch most days.
1) I get away from the peopling I have to do for work
2) I spend time with Emily (who loves my company)
3) I generally make time to work on some art.
I can throw some paint down in many different places, on different surfaces then walk away as it needs to dry and I have to head back to the library…because SOMEONE has to earn the money for the kibble, amiright Emily?
So…back into the fray…
10 things like Effy Wild is posting…
1) painting the illustration for the book’s title song, “The Golden Heart”
2) And the full, sky background for, “Let There Be Light”
3) While bing-watching “Sonic Highways” by the Foo Fighters
4) and enjoying my farmer’s market flowers
5) While waiting to hear from the car place that my car is ready (getting detailed, Shelley is…),
6) Also, making a salad with everything I can throw in it for lunch…
7) looking forward to a potential visit from my Juli next month
8) I’m popping with ideas for my Anjo canvas (my bestie is my inspiration)
9) it’s not as easy as you’d think to think of 10 of anything
10) I’m trying to do a lot more of that self-care stuff, like mani/pedis, and regular gym runs, but also going to bed earlier and fixing up my car, as I spend so much time in it.