This is the biggest book I’ve made so far…It’s the thickest, even with pages stuck together on purpose (for strength)
Good times with stickers:
Talking to Ponyboy…
I scare more than cheerleaders, but still…
Decided to try making faces:
I love the Fall…
There’s a lot of Art here:
Smash book style:
Trying to stay that way:
Not achieved thus far…
It’s crazy here…
Was at the demonstration. Grateful that there were trucks blocking vehicle access to us.
Give it a shot
I played the Bond Villain in this show:
AM a mermaid!
Back when it was fun:
Then it stopped being fun:
Don’t let me stop you…
Try to stay:
Saw Eddie Izzard with my friend, Natasha:
This will be finished once I print the photos of my #1 nephew and I at this event:
Not too subtle?
Can you hear?
It’s all about the color
Seriously. Fuck. ICE.
My beautiful friend…
Reminds me of Merry & Pippin
That’s a lot, I know…I made it and I’m impressed, too…the biggest one, as I said…56 photos is a lot.
…a la Effy Wild
1) My nephew is my new roomate and he is amazing! He’s 20 and getting set to go to EMT school. He reminds me to eat breakfast (as in, more than coffee) and is so encouraging and willing. Emily likes him too, mostly.
2) Emily is my best friend. She follows me from room to room, talking to me when she feels the need…
3) I’m good at my job and don’t have plans to change careers, but I am currently BORED. I’ll be heading to a librarian conference just before Halloween and they have always reinvigorated my enthusiasm in the past, so I hope it will work that way again this time…besides, I’ll get to see my prison people there.
4) I am now working on 2 books, the original book of poems and songs will be illustrated by me, and I am moving along on this even though each spread is twice as large as I’m used to working with…also…
5) I am transcribing my author’s other book as well. I edit. I am an editor, but right now it’s just typing.
6) I’m going to see a new-to-me psychiatrist on Thursday. I have a therapist I see on the regular, but I need to have a psych monitor my anti-depressants. He called me back personally to setup the appointment and he sounds great. We shall see…
7) Although I’m not “afraid” of the dentist, I haven’t been to one in a dozen years, mostly because of the pain I went through back in 2007. In my experience and opinion, the only thing worse than tooth pain is passing a kidney stone. I have an appointment a week from Friday. Go me.
8) Going to the gym is good for me and I’m enjoying going, thank coffee, because I’d hate to have to keep doing something I loathe.
9) Working on clearing all the extraneous crap out of my apartment is a long term project, but every load I remove from the place makes me feel better, and makes more room for my nephew and me.
10) I’m making my favorite chicken vegetable soup in the crock pot and it’s making my place smell like heaven…want some?
…that’s how long I’ve been on this planet.
I’m visiting 2 brothers and many friends in my home town of Fresno until tomorrow.
I was able to visit my favorite art supply store, Allard’s, for their back to school sale for a stencil, a mask, and some tiny, detail brushes.
Then I cleared Michael’s out of watercolor pads in 7×10 at BOGO free time, so that’s 4 for the price of 2.
I’m nearly (more than halfway) finished with my last 2 art journals from the last series I worked on, so am already thinking ahead to the next set.
My dear friend, Juli, gave me a huge (96ct) set of watercolor brush pens, so there will be those to play with.
I don’t have any magic words or ideas to move forward in my life successfully, I just do the best I can with what I have.
I’ve been making art for 8 years now, but I’m not a teacher, just a painter/stencil-user/gluing fool…
My second nephew has moved into my apartment with me while he goes to EMT training. He is currently bonding with Emily. Today is her 10th birthday.
I had hoped to go swimming somewhere on this trip, but sitting in everyone’s house, soaking up their AC, is a good alternative.
Happy birthday to me.
…on all kinds of art, including 4 illustrations for the book I’m working on……as well as more art journaling in my teal (big) and blue (bigger) journals.
They are both over half full so there is an innate pressure to finish them soon.Oh, wait…that’s just me then…
Look what I found stuck in my mailbox:
That’s right, postcard #9 from Texas.
WhatcanIsay? I have a weird mailbox where things can hide, apparently…
Anyway, yay for postcards!
But it’s a half day so I had time to work on Effy’s July BOD lesson that I started last night
Drinking coffee and playing with paint is my favorite solo AM combination.There’s going to be pink up in all that green as I stenciled a layer of watercolor ground on top of this…
Work was grand, especially when a worked-up 7yo slapped the papers off my clipboard.
No, I did NOT choke him out, but I am continually reminded that babies are cute so we don’t kill them in their sleep before they can become humans…
Anyway…I do art in the wild, like in my car at the laundromat:
Or when I meet up with some like-minded friends…
…most every day you’ll find me sat or sprawled out here on my giant chair with Emily setting the tone for the moment (generally on top of me)…
See, I go out and I socialize with the peoples, to varying degrees of success, then I come home wiped.
Then I chill here with my girl.
Then I go paint on something until I feel better…