Month: May 2019
So, the year long “class” I’m taking with Effy Wild (Book of Days) is basically an extension of the Art Journalling I’ve been doing since 2011, but the structure of a course taught by someone else is something entirely different from my own experiments…
Anyway…I am using a different type of book for this than I am used to (I’ve been a sipral-bound gal all this time) but I already had fun decorating the cover of this Ranger(tm) journal:
(While working on postcards)
And I started working on the cover of my “Art Grimoire” at the same time, but it’s not finished yet.
I LOVE the cover of my BOD (Book Of Days).
And I’m pretty sure it’s the nifty titles for these art journals are meant to sound witchy, and I am absolutely ok with that, as I am a bit witchy myself…
There are always options to make my own journal from paper I choose, but I honestly don’t feel the need to do that.
“If you don’t have the time/skill/patience to make your own BOD, storebought is fine…”
Anyway…I’m off to lunch then back to work…like my Brother says, “Keep the shiny side up!”
Do you hear me?
Do you care?
- I dyed my hair blue.
- I signed up for iHanna’s Spring postcard swap, so…10 postcards ready by May 30th.
- I signed up for Effy Wild’s Book Of Days course. It’s a heaping fuckton of content: videos, pdfs, guest artists teaching lessons…I’m still in boot camp and it’s already completely awesome.
- I am creating 26 illustrations for a book of someone else’s songs/poems. This sounds impressive but please note that I am totally winging this…
- My BabyGirlKid, Emily, is adjusting well to being an only cat. She likes my undivided attention and all of the treats & toys to herself, apparently.
- The Fed Gov’t is attempting to raise my student loan payment amount (over $200 more) and I’m still dealing with health insurance fuckery from when I was on medical leave.
- I am going to the gym after work today then home to art this shit right outa my head.