I went all out of order painting her, had the background for a while and just painted a face shape then figured out where the features go…see…backwards
Inspired by Effy Wild, I’m going to make more faces…
…besides the book illustrations…Art Journal things:
Potentially finished pages:
Parts of pages made from paper and old paint:
And the flowers I bought this week:
Because sharing is caring…
10 things like Effy Wild is posting…
1) painting the illustration for the book’s title song, “The Golden Heart”
2) And the full, sky background for, “Let There Be Light”
3) While bing-watching “Sonic Highways” by the Foo Fighters
4) and enjoying my farmer’s market flowers
5) While waiting to hear from the car place that my car is ready (getting detailed, Shelley is…),
6) Also, making a salad with everything I can throw in it for lunch…
7) looking forward to a potential visit from my Juli next month
8) I’m popping with ideas for my Anjo canvas (my bestie is my inspiration)
9) it’s not as easy as you’d think to think of 10 of anything
10) I’m trying to do a lot more of that self-care stuff, like mani/pedis, and regular gym runs, but also going to bed earlier and fixing up my car, as I spend so much time in it.
…of cat sitting.
My dear friend, Judy, is off traveling again, so I am watching her drama queen, Tallulah:
For dropping by on occasion to top up his food and water, it’s not much of a chore, but my Judy made a card for me
that is so adorable
And cracks me up
Because Judy is hilarious
And THEN, she found this awesome book for me:
On top of all of that, Tallulah LOVES me so being a little helpful turns into a love-fest…
…and it’s basically my “Friday” night. I did the just work of the library, went to the gym (why is it always arm day?) and am now sat on my queen chair with Emily on my lap, and she is insisting that I do not move from here.
My coworker/gym partner/friend and podcaster, Sabrina (of Sabrina Monet.com) and me!
I want to paint…I took out the trash because it smelled like hair color remover (worse than a perm) and I have a renowned capacity to ignore dirty dishes, so I will sit here for a while longer (for Emily, you know…) then paint in my journals, like this:
or in my Book Of Days, like this:
Or on my new canvas, like this:
OR on one of the illustrations for my friend’s book of songs:
…so the options are open…hmm….
Welp…since I’m meeting with the author tomorrow, that decides it…
I’ll eat my leftover pizza salad (you don’t know pizza salad?! Get thee to MOD Pizza) and listen to my girl’s podcast while I make the art…have a great weekend!
Finished carrying this journal around:
Inside front cover. Just stickers…
“The opposite of love is indifference, not hate.”
Sadly, this goes out to multiple people:
“But my dreams they aren’t as empty as my conscience seems to be.”
– The Who
Annie Oakley said it best:
Some times I make paint swatches for reference
This is only acceptable because it’s not a guy saying it.
Don’t lose it
Words of warning…
Medusa coloring page:
Song for my ex:
Playing with watercolors…
Consequences of the previous page:
My Judy loves the bright colors:
I cover others’ art to protect them, unlike my own
Nephew the second made this and gifted me…
Cannot recommend the lobster fries enough:
First time I tried a spread this direction:
Dylan. That is all.
Found a face in packing material
More of that old love story
Outgoing, not an extrovert…
More of that old love story crap
Choices can be hard
He spoke truth
Ain’t it tho
Plain and simple
And that’s another book finished.
I have just the Blue and Teal books left to work in from that crop I started after I moved here to the bay area (3+ years ago). The last 2 are bigger (thicker with many more pages) so I guess it might be a while before they’re done, but my Art Bag is a little lighter with Green on the shelf now…